Nov 1, 2012

RUBIFOX No. 4

I'm in Paris. It's been real good. I am a brand new Aunt again. Overwhelmed with good. I came to Paris the day after this thing below. Rubifox No. 4. My dear friend Kacey Johansing and her band consisting of rad dudes, Jeremy Harris, Alexi Glickman, Andrew Maguire, and Jorge Castellano, came down to LA from Bolinas and Oakland.  I can't believe how good it sounded, there, on the Rubifox deck. The sounds were so sweet that the valley behind my house swallowed up the songs, and sent neighbors driving for 30 minutes in the neighborhood to find where the music was coming from. I saw some strangers arrive, with new eyes, listening and feeling the vibrations along with the other 60 other guests. Not sure I've ever seen that happen before. The food was prepared by Carrie Clough. Moroccan/lebanese inspired. Yumtown. Here is a tiny glimpse through my little plastic film camera.









No comments: